Wednesday 2 June 2010

Another victory for effective gun control

Effective, knee-jerk gun control, brought in after the Hungerford and Dunblaine massacres today prevented another massacre.  In a parallel universe.  In this one, however, the knee-jerk reactions of the bansturbators proves once again that reactive measures are rarely, if ever, effective.

After Hungerford, semi-automatic weapons were banned for private citizens.

After Dunblaine, handguns were banned.

Now, since a shotgun was used, I predict that they, too will be banned with no regard to the consequences to farmers, sport shooters etc, exactly as when handguns were banned.

Legislation based on a knee-jerk reaction to the actions of one fucking nut job is always flawed, always nothing but political posturing.  Prove me wrong, coalition.  Please.

2 comments:

Corrugated Soundbite said...

I've just put in for my shotgun licence, having got myself a safe. Like you, I'm sensing time is almost up, and I suspect I may have been right.

Also, have you noticed the endless references to the "Crossbow Cannibal"? As someone who owns two crossbows, I again sense I may have got in under the wire.

In 21st century Britain, only criminals are allowed be armed. I too will be interested to see if this coalition has any balls whatsoever.

SpiteK said...

I'll certainly be interested to see their response, but I was glad to see that Call-me-Dave only mentioned the gravity of it at PMQs today without the half-expected "and we'll make sure it never happens again, lessons must be learned etc." Had it still been McBroon at the helm you'd've had to stop him masturbating over the prospect of yet more control laws before wheeling him into the House.